Summer Hair Care
Summer is just about here! During this time of year, it is very important to take care of your hair from the sun exposure. UVA and UVB rays can damage the cuticles of the hair (the outside layer), which leads to damaged hair, dryness, fizziness, split ends and hair discoloration. Taking care of your hair is important to keep it healthy.
Here are some things I do to keep my hair nice and healthy during the summer:
- Stay away from heating tools! It’s already hot outside and the sun does enough damage to hair, so I do not see the need for heating tools. Maybe curl my hair here and there if I have an outing or something and that it.
- Deeeeep condition my hair! Every time I wash my hair I always use a deep conditioner but during the summertime, I tend to leave it in for as long as 20 minutes to make sure my hair gets the moisture it needs.
- Hair masks! I love the Lush brand hair masks because it just leaves your hair feeling amazing. If I do not use one of those, I make my own hair mask at home using; aloe, olive oil, coconut oil, banana, and honey. This helps moisturize my hair and add shine.
- Use a heat protectant serum. I use the John Frieda Frizz Ease serum after I wash my hair and just let it hair dry. It helps protect the hair from heat.
- I keep my hair in a braid when I sleep to avoid knots when I wake up. I make a loose braid to avoid hair breakage but the braid also helps with the fizziness. When my hair was shorter I wouldn’t be able to do this of course, but with my hair length now, it is definitely easier to manage.