5 Tips for being productive
Each day is a chance to start fresh. A new day to rethink things you want to accomplish, cross out some goals from your list, move towards something, create a new door to open and become more self-aware. These things sound simple, right? Then why do we have trouble doing this every day? We dreading each morning getting up and go to work, school or to the gym and we already start off our day all wrong.
Here are some tips I recommend to become more productive.
- Wake up early but not too early. This is something that people always have trouble with. Its either you’re up way too early or you’re not up early enough. Find a decent time to wake up each day so that you get up energized and ready to take on the day.
- Watch what you eat. Maybe you’re tired of hearing this but there are certain foods that make you feel sluggish. In the morning, have a healthy breakfast to start off your day and eat clean throughout the day. I noticed when I eat clean I’m more energized throughout the day.
- Do productive things throughout the day. When I say productive, I mean do things that will benefit you. For example, there’s no point in going to happy hour every single day. All you’ll be doing is spending money and becoming unhealthy. Pick up a book, feed your mind. Go hit the gym, or go for a bike ride, free your mind.
- Practice more self-love. This one is important. If you don’t love yourself, how do you expect to lead a positive life? Be yourself, always! Pretending to be someone else or into things just because others are, is no fun and it's mentally unhealthy. Be good to your body and your mind. You must remember that you are enough, you are beautiful and you are smart. Practice accepting yourself for who you are if you haven’t done so already.
- Be happy. People believe being happy is a destination, but it’s a choice. There are times when we are not happy about our current situations but they will get better as long as you put in the work. Happy people are more productive. When you’re in a funk, you don’t want to do anything and you're less productive.