Taking care of your hair can consist of many things. I am obsessed with my hair (as some of you may know), so I like to try new things.
Last September, I did this treatment on my hair called a Hair Botox. It is similar to a Keratin treatment but it is a deep conditioner. The hair botox is meant to eliminate frizz while acting as an anti-aging deep conditioner. I do see the difference in my hair. Pro's: Leaves your hair shiny, straight, and it is meant to promote hair growth. Also leaves it feeling silky smooth. Cons: I noticed my ends are super straight as opposed to having them look freshly cut (which I prefer). My hair feels a bit thinner, had some dandruff for about 2 weeks (washing my hair 2-3x per week) before it went away, and my hair does not feel like it has any body to it. My hair stylist told me you could redo it anywhere between 4-6 weeks after the first treatment or even after 3 months.
I redid this treatment in January and did not experience dandruff but my ends felt rough even though I trimmed more than an inch off. My hair did grow a lot between September and January. I'm not sure if the treatment helped the growth process.
Natural Hair Masks:
- Aloe plant, coconut oil, and olive oil. Gives your hair moisture, less frizz and a lot of shine!
- Mayonnaise, egg and coconut oil. Moisturizes and gives shine to your hair.
- Aloe and coconut milk. Leaves my hair feeling super soft and shiny.
- Olive oil, castor oil, coconut oil, and agave. Super moisturizer for your hair. especially for those dry ends.
- Honey, agave, aloe and coconut oil. These combined make your hair silky smooth and moisturized.
Obviously, I like to put a lot of shit in my hair lol. But these masks work so well on my hair, especially when I feel that my hair is dry.
- Tio Nacho Younger Looking Shampoo- Revitalize Hair with Royal Jelly. I have used this shampoo a couple of times throughout the years and decided to use it again recently because I felt my scalp getting too oily. What I like about this shampoo is that it contains honey in it and does make your hair feel better
- Arvazallia Hydrating Argan Oil Hair Mask and Deep Conditioner for Dry and Damaged Hair. This stuff smells amazing!! Since I have thin frizzy hair, I did feel my hair get super moisturized and less frizzy after using this product. It did not weigh my hair down or make it oily whatsoever. My hair always feels nice and smooth after using this deep conditioner and it is sulfate and paraben free.
- Apretadora Tratamiento Capilar. I got this conditioner in the Dominican Republic when I went last September. I apply it before washing my hair for 20 minutes or so and it works well. It smells good. I do not see much of a difference with the hair loss part, but its normal to have some form of hair loss on a daily basis, unfortunately.
- Lush H'Suan Wen Hua Hair Treatment. Amazing! I've used this on my hair many times before. I cannot get enough of it. I used this hair mask when I bleached my hair and it left my hair feeling amazing. I use it now to still get the moisture into my hair if I feel it's drying out.
- Dr. Miracle's Conditioning Shampoo. This shampoo feels nice on your scalp and does not give dandruff. It contains olive oil and jojoba oil. I like using this shampoo because of the way it feels when I wash my hair. The shampoo gives you that tingly sensation on your scalp too.
There are a few shampoos and conditioners on my list to try, such as the brand OUAI. I have read great reviews on this brand as well as the brand Gisou.
I hope you guys get to try some of the natural hair treatments at home. Let me know if you have any questions or recommendations.