October is finally here!! This is one of my favorite months of the year. There are so many activities in the city going on that you don’t have to settle for the minimal. Plus, Halloween is at the end of the month! Who else is excited to binge watch scary movies and have some October fest beers!?!! *Raises both hands*
A couple of days late, but below are some of the awesome stuff to check out this month.
- Tomorrow, Saturday October 7th, check out Oktoberfest Under the Manhattan Bridge. People with kids can take them for the Arts & Crafts section. There’s performances, and more. This is the website for more info.
- Monday, October 9th is Columbus Day. The annual parade will go up from Fifth Avenue from 47th Street to 72nd Street.
- For all the scary movie fans out there, the New York City Horror Film Festival from October 26th-29th, 2017. Get your tickets here.
- Bayville Scream Park! Its in Long Island but looks pretty fun. Get more information here.
- Six Flags Fright Fest! Get more information on dates and time here.
- Activities for kids include the Bronx Zoo, is having a “Boo at the Zoo” event. Get more information here.
- Some haunted houses to check out: Blood Manor, Brighton Asylum (NJ), Time Scare New York City , and Chambers of Horrors NY.
- Halloween Parade. Every year NYC has this fun parade full of some amazing and some weird costumes. Super fun. It starts at 7 p.m. on 6th Avenue at Canal Street between 6:30pm and 8:30pm. Find more info here.
- If you want to stay in and just relax, get a pumpkin and carve it up. My boyfriend and I did these pumpkins and had so much fun while doing it. I suggest getting a good stencil unless you are drawing it on your own, then that’s better.
Hope you guys enjoy this month as much as I do!