It’s August!! Summer is almost coming to an end, as much as we hate it. The good news is that we have this month to enjoy this warm weather.
I put together a little list of things to do/ events going on in the city you guys may enjoy looking into for this month. (If you do not have a car, not to worry! These places are easy to get to on public transportation.)
- If you want to watch some Free Movies outdoors, this is the perfect time. Summer is almost coming to and end and it is imperative to take advantage of this month! (Keep in mind these are movies you have probably seen and will just get to experience it at a different environment.)
- Free Kayaking!! This is a perfect way to close out summer for people who like outdoor adventures but do not want to go too far from the city.
- Now if you want to get outdoorsy and go hiking, check out these trail options. Not too far from the city and you get to really enjoy nature at its best.
- Restaurant week is almost coming to an end! Check it out before August 18th. You get to experience some new places at a decent price. The selections are endless.
- Before it gets chilly out, take a little stroll down Coney Island. Play some games, have some hot dogs, enjoy the rides and watch the fireworks Friday nights.
- Spend a lovely weekend at Long Beach. There’s a strip of restaurants and bars you can check out. You can also just chill out at the beach and catch a tan.
- Shakespeare in the park, A Midsummer Night’s Dream. The play is located at central park. Enjoy the performances while enjoying the outdoor weather. It’s a win win!
- If you’re looking for activities/ events to check out this month, visit Time Out. There’s a bunch of free stuff to do around the city, festivals to check out, concerts, etc. Eventbrite has a bunch of cool events also, along with some networking events and job fairs to check out.
I hope you guys get a chance to check out some of these events!