Hair Loss Home Remedies!
Hair loss sucks. Sometimes you do not know the root of what is causing the hair loss, unless it's hereditary. People lose hair due to stress, poor diet, aging, often hair dying, heat damage, bleaching, anxiety, etc. I recently discovered through research that iron deficiency (anemia) is also a cause of hair loss.
I lose a lot of hair when I wash or brush my hair, so I like to try different things to see what works best for my hair. My hair would fall out in large chunks, but it has reduced thanks to these remedies.
Guava Tea Leaf
I found this remedy on @farahdhukai Instagram page. Guava leaves are known to have different properties to promote healthier hair such as preventing hair loss, encourage hair growth, and treats damaged hair. But today is all about hair loss.
- If using guava tea bags boil for about 10 minutes, then let it cool down to room temperature. For the raw leaves, boil it for 20 minutes.
- Once the tea is cooled down, pour it into a spray bottle and start spraying from your scalp to your ends.
- Leave it in your hair until it hair dries or as long as you can. (I like to leave it on overnight).
- Shampoo and condition hair as usual.
Guava tea leaf is simple to use and an inexpensive product for your hair. After the first time I did this process I did not see results right away, but after the second time, I noticed my hair was barely falling out! I hope you guys get the same results.
Honey and onion juice
Onions. Sounds gross I know. I found this on recipe on Instagram that @bodmonzaid had posted. This at home remedy helps prevent hair loss and make your hair stronger. When I tried it once a week for a month, I saw the difference, less hair loss along with some hair growth. The only thing is just after washing it, my hair smelled like onion rings. It's simple to make:
- Take an onion, grade it to only get the juice out.
- Add honey.
- Apply to your hair.
- Wash it out with shampoo and conditioner! And you’re all done.
Once you get over the smell its a good at home hair care. Simple to make and effective. I noticed my hair so much more fuller after using this remedy for a month.
Amla Powder & Coconut Oil
I was on YouTube searching hair loss remedies and came across this mixture. Amla powder is created from a fruit known as Indian gooseberry. Indian women use this on their scalp to grow their hair beautifully strong and shinny. This mixture is suppose to strengthen your hair as well as help it grow.
- Put 1 table spoon of the amla powder into a bowl
- Add 1 table spoon of coconut oil
- Mix both ingredients well
- Microwave it for about 30 seconds
- Add to your scalp
- Massage it in your scalp after applying it all over
- Put a shower cap on and leave the mixture in for a couple of hours.
After using this product for about two weeks, I noticed my hair getting fuller and stronger. The hair loss amount did not change drastically, but I love the fullness!
I will be adding more remedies that I try and time goes. Stay tuned!